Tuesday 29 October 2013

somewhereto_ Strip!

Perhaps I've been neglecting you all of late?! But I must confess as previously stated in blogs I've been doing the ever increasingly difficult job of completing the task of somewhereto_ grow up. As much as I would like to think its my full time job to volunteer in the somewhereto_ restore space unfortunately that is not the case. Needless to say I've had my nose down and have been heavy on the job hunt. Three weeks later it was a success, I'm a big grown up and now a support worker! A lot of which, arguably is thanks to somewhereto_ and the experiences I've had here and on previous events with somewhereto_. BUT ENOUGH OF THE SMOOSHY THINGS.

What did I do on Sunday evening I hear you ask! - Well kind online reader chums Sunday evening was a little prologue to the intensive rehearsals we're soon to encounter with Educactus's production of 'Strip The Halls' they were there all day but after a long week of driving and training for work (did I mention I'd got a proper job..?) I only made it into the last few hours of their rehearsal. Considering I was tired, full of cold and had the habitual 'It's Sunday, tomorrow means I have to get up early and look presentable' hat on (we all get it, don't lie) I was so very pleased to have a group of people put a smile on my face with such ease. They're still in the organic and early blocking stages and yet my ability to remain quiet and professional in the rehearsal space was severely challenged, I have no doubt that the final result will be a proper little crowd pleaser!

What will definitely be an evening of hilarious (but I must add, PG) entertainment full of festive frivelties and wonderfully humerous misunderstandings isn't one to miss. Performances are in the Belle Vue hotel on 21st - 23rd of November at 7:30pm Tickets can be booked by emailing educactustheatre@gmail.com, stating what evening you wish to attend and how many tickets you require.

Written by a wonderful individual with the ability to fill any room with laughter, whom I have worked with very briefly previously, James Lawbuary. Directed by our very own local celebrity and accidental face of the restore shop, you will have noticed him pop up on your news feed if you've liked the Aberystwyth re:store page. (If you haven't why haven't you? Do it and do it now! re:store Facebook) RSC's very own, Paul Ditch. A good friend of mine with the ability to pin point the most acute of goings ons in ANY situation to make them entertaining, watchable and painfully yet hilariously realistic. With James's words and Paul's visions bringing them to life 'Strip The Halls' is going to be an all round winner.

Starring some very good friends of mine as well as some other extremely large talent including, Marianne Hayes, David Dixon, Katie Littlewort, Marcus Dobson, Norma Izon, Guy Taylor, Owen Watts and Sam Sherlock. If this isn't enough to get you interested there's to be a few half naked guys and girls treading the boards. What more can one show offer?
 

Educactus will be taking over the restore space soon for an intensive rehearsal period of 'Strip The Halls' so I shall keep plugging when that happens. Until I can do that, get involved and keep up to date through their Facebook.. Educactus Theatre Company Facebook

The somewhereto_ restore space has turned into a creative space which is full of creative possibilities and talents, I for one am very over excited!!

Don't be a stranger, get involved and support the local talents we're so lucky to have.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment