Sunday 22 September 2013

somewhereto_ give Shakespeare a new home

IT'S SUNDAY NIGHT OF FRESHERS WEEK AND GUESS WHERE WE ARE, yokos! No really, we're in the shop, as ever. Scrubbing, cleaning, building, organising and all the rest of it! We open tomorrow, tomorrow! It's here!

This past week has marked the time where I've had to give into the weather and stop wearing flip flops. I love flip flops and I was doing such a great job of sticking it to the man and continuing to wear them even in the bad weather. But now, it's officially boot weather so as a means of making me feel better I've have been walking around town and around the shop in my loudest boots. - somewhereto_ seem important.

Barrie is injured and his finger keeps reopening, he's blasting through our first aid kit like it's nobodies business. How inconsiderate. I joke. We hope it fixes soon Bazza!

The bookings for this week are a plentiful and although we don't officially have an event until Thursday evening we urge one and all to come in any day this week to come and sign up to volunteer or to pitch a creative idea for us, or if you just need somewhereto_ hang out we've made a right little hide out here, it's yellow, so very yellow, have I ever mentioned that somewhereto_'s signature colour is yellow? Thus we've had to paint / titivate the shop with mainly yellow, did I mention that? I hate to say it. I REALLY hate to say it but I genuinely do like the yellow now. There's EVEN yellow bunting. We're scrubbing and cleaning the floor and tidy tidy tidying ready for tomorrow.

Staging is coming in tomorrow and we are making our little performance space, that, dare I say it, is our last job to do before we're completely ready. I'd show you pictures today but I'll save it for the grand unveiling.

somewhereto_ open a shop for business. I thank you!

Our little makeshift family are off to have a take away and put the finishing touches to Gemma and Kyles flat, where they have been for a week now and as they're settled in it's time to bring the boys round, that's right Shakespeare (Billy) and Ted are moving into their new home this evening, which means, two out of three of the dream team house holds will have kitty's rather than just Barrie and Claire having a million in theirs, bitter sweet goodbyes!

I bid thee goodnight, what from locking myself out of my flat the other evening I have not yet caught up on sleep. Being the spinster of the group I live alone, thus if I forget my keys. I'm well and truly marooned. Part of me wanted to make a bean bag fort in the shop for the evening but I did not. I sofa hopped, living the high life. - check in again tomorrow after / during the opening.

Excite!

No comments:

Post a Comment